- Flour 2 cups
- Baking powder 15 grams
- Mandarin orange juice 1 cup
- Eggs 4
- Lemon zest: 1 lemon
- Hazelnuts 240 grams
- Sugar 1 ½ cups
- Olive oil 1/3 cup
- Salt 1 pinch
- We put the hazelnuts inside a base and we will crush them with a rolling pin until they are very small pieces.
- Whip the egg whites until it peaks, adding a pinch of salt.
- Meanwhile, in another bowl, beat the yolks and sugar and, little by little, add the mandarin juice with the lemon zest and oil.
- Then add to the previous mix the egg whites that are ready and mix.
- We sift flour and baking powder and also those added to the previous container.
- Lightly butter the mold and put baking paper in the bottom to prevent the cake from sticking.
- Pour our mixture into the mold and fill the surface with hazelnuts.
- We put it in the oven for 60 minutes and at the end of that time we verify that the cake is ready and remove it from the oven.
Image credits: Misthermorecetas