In today's news we will list eight benefits of artichokes:
1. Help fight cholesterol: artichokes contain phytosterols, which help in the digestion of fats, reducing blood triglycerides and helping to fight cholesterol.
2. Regulate intestinal transit: thanks to its high fiber content, artichokes improve digestion and regulate intestinal transit. They prevent both diarrhea and constipation.
3. They improve high blood pressure and prevent atherosclerosis: artichokes reduce triglycerides and help control cholesterol, therefore, they prevent and help to improve possible cardiovascular problems.
4. Prevent and help with some types of cancer: artichokes contain elements such as flavonoids, which are indicated as beneficial to prevent the onset of colon or breast cancer.
5. Help control appetite and have a low caloric index: artichokes help control appetite due to inulin, which is a type of slow release carbohydrate. This means that the energy that the artichokes give us is administered in a slow and regular way by our organism. In addition, it has a very low caloric index: less than 25 calories per 100 grams. It is a perfect food to control weight.
6. They contain vitamins and minerals essential for the organism: iron, sodium, potassium, vitamins A and B6, magnesium ...
7. They work as a natural diuretic: artichokes eliminate toxins and help prevent and reduce fluid retention. They also eliminate toxins and excess fat, so they can be beneficial to mitigate some skin diseases, such as acne, dermatitis or eczema.
8. Prevent liver problems and help in recoveries of liver diseases: help to release toxins and function as a diuretic, artichokes clean and purify the liver, thus preventing diseases and helping to function.
September 26, 2018
Rate this news