The EVOOLEUM 2019 Guide crowns the Italian Monini Monocultivar Coratina as the best extra virgin olive oil in the world, followed by the Cordovan Hojiblanco Rincón de la Subbética and Jiennense Oro Bailén Picual Family Reserve
Eight of the ten best extra virgin olive oils in the world last season are Spanish, according to the results obtained in the EVOOLEUM Awards, the International Extra Virgin Olive Oil Quality Awards, organized by the Mercacei Publishing Group and AEMO.
The first and the fourth of the TOP 10 are Italian, from Monini, the rest proceed from Córdoba, Jaén and Granada. All of them were chosen from more than 700 samples from 17 countries by a jury made up of 23 of the best tasters in the world from Spain, Italy, Greece, Germany, Portugal, Israel, Argentina or Japan.
Below is the Exclusive TOP 10 from the EVOOLEUM guide:
1. Monini Monocultivar Coratina (96 points). Variety: coratina. Perugia (Italy)
2. Rincón de la Subbética (96 points). Variety: hojiblanca. Córdoba (Spain)
3. Oro Bailén Reserva Familiar Picual (96 points). Variety: picual. Jaén (Spain)
4. Monini Monocultivar Frantoio (95 points). Variety: frantoio. Perugia (Italy)
5. Maeva & Toro Virgen Extra (95 points). Variety: hojiblanca, picual, arbequina. Granada (Spain)
6. LivesOlives (95 points). Variety: hojiblanca. Córdoba (Spain)
7. Conde de Mirasol (95 points). Variety: hojiblanca. Córdoba (Spain)
8. Venta del Barón (95 points). Variety: hojiblanca, picuda. Córdoba (Spain)
9. Almaoliva BIO (94 points). Variety: picuda, picual, hojiblanca. Córdoba (Spain)
10. Bravoleum Selección Especial de Aceites Hacienda El Palo (94 points). Variety: picual. Jaén (Spain)--
December 12, 2018
Rate this news