Garam Masala is a mixture of spices characteristic of Indian cuisine, although it is also used in other Asian countries. Its flavor does not stand out for being excessively spicy and It´s an ingredient widely used in diverse dishes like meats, vegetables, legumes or in stews.
Although there are many varieties of garam masala, the main ingredients that make up the base of the recipe are: cumin, cilantro, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, black pepper and cardamom.
The key to garam masala in its preparation is that no spice predominates over the rest; The richness of the ingredient is that all the spices are in harmony. In regards to incorporating into your recipes, garam masala is usually applied at the end of cooking the dish and in small quantities to avoid bitterness.
Currently, garam masala can be purchased from food stores or specialized stores of products of Asian origin.
• 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
• 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
• 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder
• 5 cloves
• Half teaspoon nutmeg
• 1 teaspoon black pepper
• 1 teaspoon cardamom
1. In a small pan roast all the spices until they acquire color, but careful to avoid burning the mixture.
2. Crush the spices until evenly blended.
3. When all the spices are combined, we can use the mixture at the moment, but we can also store it in an airtight container and protected from sunlight.
September 17, 2019
Rate this news