In addition, it is one of the most preferred products for health, being a product of special relevance for a healthy diet.
What properties and benefits does cauliflower have for our health?
- Cauliflower is a product rich in Vitamins B, C, E and K, and minerals such as potassium, magnesium and phosphorus.
- It has a high content of antioxidants, which helps prevent cardiovascular diseases or cancer.
- It contains sulforaphane, a sulfur compound that could prevent the development of cancer cells. It would be beneficial in cases of colon and prostate cancer.
- It favors the functioning of the digestive system to be an important source of fiber.
- In addition, and being a product rich in fiber and water, nutritionists recommend it in cases where they want to lose weight.
- Improves brain health by having among its properties of the choline, a variety of Vitamin B that stands out for promoting the development of it. For this reason, it is a recommended food during pregnancy.
- Due of its properties in Omega3 and Vitamin K, cauliflower has anti-inflammatory effects, which are beneficial for people with chronic pain, bone problems, etc.
What applications does cauliflower have in the kitchen?
In the preparation of our dishes with cauliflower we have to bear in mind that we can use both the head and its leaves. The cauliflower offers a great variety of possibilities when it comes to cooking, it can be boiled, roasted, steamed or au gratin. In addition, it can serve as a basic ingredient or accompanying other dishes with fish, meat or vegetables.