2 vanilla pods
650 grams of whole milk
200 grams of cream
185 grams of sugar
6 egg yolks
- Cut the vanilla pods in half and scrape the inside separating the vanilla.
- In a saucepan over a fire, add the vanilla, milk, sugar and yolks.
- We keep on fire while stirring the ingredients.
- Before it boils, remove the saucepan from the heat and put the mixture into a bowl.
- We add the cream and mix.
- When the ingredients are well mixed, put the mixture in a container suitable for freezing.
- Then, put the container in the freezer.
- From this moment, every 30 minutes we will have to be vigilant so that the ice cream does not crystallize. To avoid this, we remove the container from the freezer and beat the ice cream. Then, we put the container back into the freezer.
- We have to repeat this process 3 more times.
- To serve the ice cream, we will have to remove the container from the freezer 15 minutes before.