Orange is a citrus and fleshy fruit, rich not only in Vitamin C but also in Vitamins A, B and G; with a high content of minerals such as calcium, phosphorus, iron or magnesium; with carbohydrates and fiber.
The main benefits of orange for health are the following:
- improves blood circulation
- can reduce the suffering of cardiovascular diseases
- acts as an antioxidant
- strengthens the immune system
- can help you lose weight
- regulates the level of blood sugar
- promotes intestinal transit and digestion
- can prevent the suffering of degenerative diseases
- can prevent diseases such as colon or breast cancer
- helps protect and rejuvenate the body's cells
- helps maintain a healthy and young skin
For the mentioned health benefits, nutritionists recommend to consume orange every day; one way may be during the breakfast or snack with a glass of juice.
Also, and in regard to its application in the kitchen we can find many preparations, both sweet and savoury dishes. For example: marmalade, biscuits, juices, or to make sauces that accompany meat, fish or seafood dishes.