Chia seeds have been grown in Mexico for centuries. Chia is soaked in water or added to juices and fresh water as part of the diet in many regions of the country. Chia seeds are one of the healthiest foods in the world because they have nutrients with great benefits for the body and the brain.
The word chia is maya and means strength. Despite being a product that has been used as a staple food of the diet for many years, it became famous recently, and its popularity has made it used worldwide, especially by people looking to lead a healthier life.
According to the legend, the Aztecs and Mayans used chia seeds to improve their daily performance. So it's better to drink water with chia seeds instead of energy drinks.
Chia seeds contain:
● 5 times more calcium than milk
● 3 times more antioxidants than blueberries
● 3 times more iron than spinach
● 2 times more fiber than oats
● 2 times more protein than any vegetable
● 2 times more the amount of potassium than banana
The benefits of chia:
1. Help control cravings.
2. Help keep the body well hydrated.
3. They are a source of Omega 3.
4. They generate an extra contribution of energy.
September 3, 2018
Valora esta noticia