The Garam Masala is a mixture of spices characteristic of Indian cuisine, although it is also used in other Asian countries. It is an ingredient widely used in dishes with meat, vegetables, legumes or stews.
Although there are many varieties of garam masala, the ingredients that form the basis of the recipe are: cumin, coriander, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, black pepper and cardamom.
The key of garam masala is that no spice predominates over the rest; The richness of the mixture is that all the spices are in harmony. In its application in the kitchen, the garam masala is usually applied at the end of the cooking of the dish and in small quantities so that it does not become bitter.
At present the garam masala can be purchased in food stores or in specialized stores of Asian products.
Recipe Garam Masala:
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 5 cloves
- Half a teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of cardamom
- In a pan we toast all the spices until they acquire color.
- Crush the spices until obtaining a fine mixture.
- When all the spices are well crushed, we can use the mixture at the moment, but we can also store it in an airtight container and protected from sunlight.
October 2, 2018
Valora esta noticia